Magdalen College Museum - School
Magdalen College School was founded in 1484 by William of Waynflete. He was bishop of Winchester and Lord Chancellor of England. He first founded Magdalen College, Oxford and later established this school in his place of birth. It continued as a college school until 1933.
The Grade 1 Listed building is a scheduled ancient monument, County No. 321. In 1992 local resident, Mr Cliffe Toyne, founder of the Museum started renovation of the large upstairs room and with voluntary help from dedicated local people, grants from the local council and fund raising events the Museum gradually came into being. Artifacts, china, farm tools, world war memorabilia, kitchenware, coinage, books and Victoriana have been donated or are on loan from residents in the area along with a display by the Wildfowlers Association.